Industry: Light Industrial
Job Number: 939153
Pay Rate: $20.00/hour
Shift and Pay: 1st and 2nd shift available, Monday - Saturday. Pay is $20.00 hourly but can vary depending on experience.
About the Job:
As the Shipping & Receiving Coordinator are responsible for providing direct supervision over the shipping department, as well as Forklift & Crane Operators, organizing and training staff members in an effective manner to achieve a reasonable workflow throughout the day, ensuring that all tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner and that all customer requirements are met. You are also responsible for engaging in the administration of all department functions including, but not limited to:
- Preparation, verification and retention of all records for incoming/outgoing shipments (i.E. Bar code labels, bill of ladings, sales orders) per customer specifications.
- Schedule organization, ensuring the accuracy of trucks being used, material loaded, and trucks departure time, as well as, verifying the weight on the trucks matches the weight on the releases.
- Coordination of all pallet and scrap material documentation and transportation.
- All reporting aspects for silo readings.
- Maintaining a clean, organized and safe work space and report any unsafe working conditions, including equipment safety concerns, to Management.
- Fulfilling all duties necessary to meet customer scheduling expectations while maintaining a high level of professionalism while communicating with outside personnel.
Below are the minimum qualifications for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree in related field preferred.
- Previous shipping & receiving experience within the manufacturing industry required.
- Experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and basic knowledge of arithmetic.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and development of staff.
- Proven decision-making, motivation, and problem-solving skills necessary in a leadership position.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times while representing the Company.
- Capable of handling multiple activities at the same time.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively.
- Flexible with working overtime as needed.
- Adherence to all company policies, including attendance.
Benefits if Hired on Perm:
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Parallel Employment Group is an Equal opportunity Employer.